To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by June 6, 2022
- Be eligible to work in the United States*
- Be a full-time college/university student during the Fall 2022 semester.
- Hold a GPA of 3.0 or above, Banner Research and ASU-Biodesign investigators will select applicants who appear likely to make the greatest research contributions to their laboratories or clinics. Program participants typically have a GPA above 3.35.
- Be available to work 40 hours per week from June 6 - July 28, 2022.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
*Only citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. as well as residents of U.S. territories and commonwealths are eligible to apply to this program. This includes citizen of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands. U.S. citizens attending a foreign institution are eligible to apply. Neither Banner Research nor ASU will sponsor visas for this programNote to returning Neuroscience Scholars: There is a two summer limit on applying for the Neuroscience Scholars program. Scholar positions are highly competitive and only a limited number of positions are available to all applicants. Prior participation in the program does not guarantee you will be selected to interview for an open position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Under the 2021 executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU and Banner expect all neuroscience scholars selected for a position in the summer Neuroscience Scholars Program to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.